Thursday, June 10, 2010

A year in review

Disclaimer: This post will be long! Read at your own risk

Jake and I have know each other for a little over a year now and a whole lot has happened. It has been the best year ever and I am so grateful to have found the love of my life! Here is a little bit of our year in review.

One of our fun dates Jake took me to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. It was so much fun!



We went down to St. George for the fourth of July last summer and it was the first time that Jake met my family. While there, Jake entered a drawing for a truck and a few hours later he got a call from the drawing and he was so excited he thought he had won it. It turns out he won a huge box of fireworks that turned out to be really fun.



Jake was also brave enough to come to my family reunion last summer after only knowing me for a few months. We went to lagoon and had a blast, although the next day we all ended up with the flu. Jake and Gavin were the only ones that didn't get sick.




Shortly after our reunion, Gavin started dating an amazing girl named Gina, who he later married. It has been to have her in the family, although its a bit confusing having 2 Gina's.



Every year we do a girls weekend where my sisters and my mom get together and do something girly. Last year we went to Tuacahn's Footloose, but we brought the guys cause I didn't want to leave Jake at home with my brothers. haha


After the show we were hanging around talking and my sisters spotted Louis Van Amstel. We all wanted to go over a get a picture with him, but we were too shy. My mom went over and asked if we could get a picture. Before we were brave enough to ask we were just taking pictures of him in the distance, and we got the funniest picture of Haley pointing at him. Little did we know how the picture would turn out. Thats all I'm going to say about that......




This year has been so fun for me to get to know Jake's family as well. His sister had a baby boy, Trevyn, right before I met Jake. His whole family has been so sweet and I am lucky to be a part of such a great family.




We also celebrated Jake's 26th birthday, but we did not have the right numbered candles, so this is what he got....




Jake's dad loves to go out four wheeling and doon buggying. We went out to a race that he put on and he took us for a ride in one of his fast cars. He said that we were going to go slow cause we didn't have helmets on, and then he went about 75 on a dirt road.... which to him is slow I guess.



At the end of July, Jake asked me to marry him and gave me this gorgeous ring.



On October 23rd we got married in the St. George temple. It was a beautiful day and the best day of my life!



And then we went on our HOneymoon. We took a 5 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera and then spent a few days in Vegas.





Since then we have celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, my birthday at my sisters in Logan, and now its summer and the fun is just starting. I feel so lucky to have found each other and could not ask for a better husband. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

2 comments:

  1. cute post!! and i know what the future holds...a baby! haha oh and the pic of haley is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great that's what I get to be known for, pointing at Louis's crotch! JK it was hilarious and totally innocent, I promise! Fun post, Bec!

    ReplyDelete